Triumph

picture by Kaimen Miller

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

catch up

We trialed last weekend at the USDAA trial in West Palm Beach...we hadn't shown in 5 months...that doesn't make for a good Q rate for me and Triumph...but whatever...he only needs two standard and one pairs Q for his ADCH and we got neither except for a gamble Q and a Steeplechase Q.  Burn also got a steeplechase Q, a gamble Q and a pairs Q - none of which he needs :)  Triumph will get his ADCH some day and in the meantime, we had a really good time and it was great to get away for the weekend and away from working on my house.

I took Thursday off to drive down and get a little training in before Friday.  Hurricane Sandy put a damper on that as the equestrian center would not allow the club to use the facility on Friday.  We had some windy weather and some rain on Friday but I'm not complaining...there was so much destruction in NY and NJ and so much loss.

I spent the day just playing with the dogs while Deb and Blase were at work - we even got some pool time in between the squalls.










I so enjoy the shows in West Palm Beach as I get to stay with my very good friends Deb and Blase.  They live on 6 fenced acres complete with a pool and my own private wing.   We go back to the days when I had Rottweilers.  They have 3 now.  This was the first trip I made to their house without Pauli.  Deb and Blase were one of Pauli's biggest fans.  They missed her and so do I.

Deb and Blase's guys - Trixie, Crew and Sugar



Their place - Caloosa Ranch - is awesome!  I could live there, forever :)









More pool time - we need to swim, NOW!!!



Bosco and Crew love to play and swim together - he is the sweetest most wonderful Rottweiler ever...



We actually have a video of Crew swimming with Bosco riding on his back!!




First picture taken of me and my guys without my sweet Pauli...



just some individual pics of my guys...










A highlight of my weekend was meeting Margaret Burk who owns Triumph's litter brother Stat.  She and her sister live in Arizona and spent the week in Bimini on a dolphin excursion!  They made time in their busy schedule to come and meet us - we love her!





It was a great weekend and a nice break...back to sanding, grinding, caulking on my house this weekend...I'm close to getting one more wall primed - yeah for me!!!  oh yeah, I better get some dog training in as we have the local 3-day USDAA trial next weekend!!







No comments:

Post a Comment