Triumph

picture by Kaimen Miller

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas...and some before

After I wrote this blog entry earlier today, I saw this on Facebook and it is so true - so I am adding it to the beginning of this blog entry instead of at the end...




I haven't blogged in a while and am way behind...but after losing Pauli the beginning of October, I just didn't much feel like putting down my thoughts in to words. 


We did do Dog On It's trial in November and we had a blast.  My friend Karen Denton with Neece, a half sister to Triumph, came and stayed with me and we partied way more than we should have but we still managed to grab a couple of Qs and have some  nice runs.  I hated to see Karen and Neece leave.  We should have taken a bunch of pics but this was the only one I took - it became our favorite drink in the evenings - yum!




Thanksgiving weekend I spent working more on my house and then Ben and I went to Ocala to my Aunt's for Thanksgiving dinner - it was fun - my family is crazy.  Ben was renamed to Bob and told he needed  a hair cut.  There were only two naked kids running around this year - I thought there would be more - LOL!



On Tuesday December 4, 2012, I got a call from Kyle (Marc's sister).  She called to tell me that Ian (Marc's brother) had taken his life...I bursted into tears and cried for him and his pain for 2 weeks...


This is what I posted on my wall about Ian - I loved him and I miss him very much...

 



Last Tuesday I lost someone very dear to me, my ex-brother-in-law, my friend for 36 years, a young man with a beautiful heart and soul, one of the kindest and most gentle human beings I've ever known, Ian Dana. After my recent break up with his brother, Ian was one of many good friends who got me through a rough time...he was always there for me...I wish I could have fought off the demons that troubled him so...Godspeed my dear friend...I love you very much Ian and will miss you forever.


 


 


With so much loss, and not just my own, but the children who were so brutally murdered in Newtown Connecticut on December 14, I was somewhat dreading Christmas - well maybe not dreading it, but not really looking forward to it.  Ben really wanted to see his family who all live in Destin, Florida (actually Niceville) and I wanted to see mine in Ocala.  So we compromised and we left on Friday December 21, 2012, (Burn's 9th birthday) and we drove to Niceville, spent three days there, and then left on Monday morning and went to my mom's in Ocala and stayed there Monday night and went to my cousin's Christmas morning.  Burn got to go with us and he was SO happy to be the special dog on that trip!!!!!!  We stayed with Ben's sister and mother - I love them, they are such wonderful people.  All of his family is great and welcomed me with open arms - and boy do they like to party - yahoo!!!!!


Saturday morning we walked the dogs around the corner of Michelle's house and this is what you see...it's beautiful...



 
 

I just had to see Destin Beach so later that day we climbed in Ben's mom's van, Burn included, and we went to a place called Back Porch which is right on the beach for lunch - it was BEAUTIFUL and I didn't want to leave - neither did Burn!


 

Ben's brother has a yacht but there was some mechanical issue so we were not able to take the yacht out, but Ben and I did pack a cooler and some snacks and music and hung out on it and watched the sunset - it was gorgeous!


 


It turned out to be a wonderful Christmas after all, going somewhere I've never been with my best boy Burn and my new beau Ben, meeting his terrific family and getting to see mine...I am so blessed but I am without a doubt wanting to get this year behind me and hopeful that 2013 will be a much better year for everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. So good to see a blog from you, and for there to be some joy in it. I am sorry for your losses, and hope 2013 is fantastic for you!

    ReplyDelete